Board of Supervisors
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Agenda
| View All
Minutes are also available following approval.
Most Recent Minutes
| View All
Elections & Responsibilities
As per Article VI of the Second Class Township Code, Townships shall be governed and supervised by a Board of Supervisors. The Board of Supervisors shall consists of three members of, if approved by the electors under section 402(b) of the Second Class Township Code, five members. Upper Merion Township has five members on the Board of Supervisors. The Board of Supervisors may receive as compensation an amount established by ordinance and based on the Township population.
The Board of Supervisors shall:
- Be charged with the general governance of the Township and the execution of legislative, executive and administrative powers in order to ensure sound fiscal management and to secure the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of the Township.
- Have the responsibility for maintenance of Township-owned equipment and facilities.
- Employ persons as may be necessary for the general conduct of the business of the Township and provide for the compensation, organization and supervision of the persons so employed.
- Authorize attendance at conferences, institutes, schools and conventions dealing with the duties and functions of elected or appointed officers or employees.. The expenses for attending the meetings may be paid by the Township and are limited to the registration fee, mileage for the use of a personal vehicle or reimbursement of actual transportation expense going to and returning from the meeting plus all other actual expenses that the Board of Supervisors agrees to pay, following submittal of an itemized account of expenses incurred at the meeting.
- Annually, on or before the first day of February, furnish to the Board of Auditors information on the construction or maintenance of roads or other matters that may be required by any department of the Commonwealth to be included in the annual Township report.
- Provide for the annual tax duplicate to be prepared and presented to the tax collector.
- Perform duties and exercise powers as may be imposed or conferred by law or the rules and regulations of any agency of the Commonwealth.