Yard Waste Collection
About the Program
Upper Merion Township has successfully obtained a series of grants from the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PA DEP)
to promote an active and ongoing recycling effort. Our compost site tub grinder, street sweeper, and litter vacuum are acquisitions obtained with these grants. Recently, the township has acquired a yard waste collection truck. Its primary function is to assist with collection of sticks, shrub clippings, and limbs during scheduled spring and early fall clean-up days and after severe wind or ice storms.
Upper Merion Township conducts the "Yard Waste Collection
" Program for 4.5 months out of each year. Spring Yard Waste Collection season will run Monday, May 1 to Friday, June 30, 2017.
Yard waste will be collected on Wednesdays and Thursdays
. Residents who want their yard waste picked up during these periods must contact the Public Works Department by either:
- Calling 610-265-8465 (Hotline)
Requests must be made before 12:00 p.m. on the Tuesday of the week residents wish to have their yard waste picked up. If you do not make an appointment, your yard waste will not be picked up.
- Tree branches no longer than 40" in length in bundles no larger than 24" in diameter; these must be tied with biodegradable string or twine
- Tree limbs 5" or less in diameter
- Hedge and shrub trimmings bundled and tied with biodegradable string or twine
- Stumps from ornamental shrubbery with dirt removed
|Items Not Collected
- Tree limbs with nails, wire, or any metal or cement
- Bundles with thorns, poison ivy or oak, wire, metal, or concrete stones
- Pressure-treated wood
- Landscape timbers
- Railroad ties
- Logs or firewood
- Grass clippings
- Materials cut by contracted services
No more than 150 pounds of brush will be removed from any residence per pick-up. All bundles should be placed at the curb in an orderly pile.