Commercial Permits, Procedures & Documents
Documents Required for Commercial Permits
This listing indicates the required documentation for each permit.
All permits must be submitted with payment. FEE SCHEDULE
ALLOW UP TO 30 BUSINESS DAYS FOR REVIEW AND ISSUANCE OF PERMITS
LIST OF INSPECTIONS REQUIRED.
LIST OF TOWNSHIP INSPECTORS AND CONTACT INFO.
** Contact Inspectors directly for Inspection.
**1 SET OF PLANS IN ELECTRONIC FORMAT PREFERRED FOR TWP. RETENTION
- Plans may be submitted on either a CD or thumb drive.
- Plans must be formatted as 1 PDF or 1 PDF per trade. (Plans submitted as 1 PDF per page will be returned.)
- Electronic plans must bear the seal/stamp of architect or design professional.
|New Construction & New Additions
- Development plan required for any new commercial construction
- Building Permit Application (includes building /structural portion only; separate plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and sprinkler permits required.)
- Three sets of drawings (at least two copies need to be signed and sealed)
- Use and Occupancy Permit Application
Interior Alterations / Tenant Improvement
- Plumbing Permit Application (all highlighted sections need to be filled out)
- Drawing if installing new water or drain lines
- Sometimes drawings are included with main building permit
- Master Plumber required if installing new water or drain lines
- Building Permit Application: Note Sprinkler
- Two copies of diagrams and flow specifications/shop drawings
- Any Sprinkler Permit Ap needs to be accompanied by detailed NICET approved plans
- Separate sprinkler plans/separate electronic submittal required.
- DO NOT SUBMIT SPRINKLER PERMIT WITH BUILDING PERMIT without documentation noted above.
- SEPARATE CHECK REQUIRED.
Sign (Temporary or Permanent)
All Contractors need to be registered with Upper Merion Township.
Learn more about contractor registration
Required Documents for Other Permits
Demolition Permit for Complete Demolition of Building
Temporary Use Permit (for special events, use of property for temporary purposes, etc.)