- Bridge and culverts
- Pipe bedding
- Contact: Rob Loeper, 610-205-8503
- Electrical, final: Conducted by approved third party inspection agency
- Upon completion of all work, must be completed prior to issuance of Use and Occupancy Permit.
- Upon completion, an inspection sticker to be placed on the electrical panel, with the approved agency the forwarding an inspection certification card to the Safety and Codes Enforcement Department.
- Electrical, rough: Conducted by approved 3rd party inspection agency
- Prior to enclosing of any structural elements.
- Upon completion, an inspection sticker must be placed on the electrical panel, with the approved agency forwarding an inspection certification card to the Upper Merion Township Safety and Codes Enforcement Department.
- Footings: Bearing soil, prior to pouring concrete
- Foundation: Prior to pouring concrete and prior to backfilling
- Fire Protection: Suppression: Underground-at pressure test and flush
Prior to enclosing piping in walls, ceilings, etc.
- Alarm: at testing
Final: Upon completion of all work
- Drywall: For rated assemblies- prior to taping and spackling
- Mechanical: Inside: Prior to enclosing piping and ducts in walls and ceilings
- Plumbing: Separate permit required
- Outside: Prior to backfill of underground piping or sewer laterals
- Inside: Prior to enclosing piping in walls, floor slabs, floors, etc.
- Final: Upon completion of all work
- In an individual disposal system: Prior to placing drain tile, septic tank, or construction of leaching wells, etc. after placing the material or system and prior to backfilling
- Grading and earth removal specifications to be submitted with permit application.
- Pool area to be staked and setbacks verified prior to excavation.
- Pool inspections include steel, electrical, and final
- Storm drainage, paving, curbing, sidewalks or driveways
Contact: Janet Serfass, 610-205-8506 for inspection requirements.
- Structural and/or rough framing: Prior to plastering, drywall or ceiling work
- Use and occupancy: Separate permit required
- Upon completion of all required inspections, successful testing of all emergency systems and prior to occupying the space covered by the permit.