The following section is for prospective candidates who have already received a formal employment offer, which is contingent on a successful background check and drug/alcohol screening:
- UMT Job Application complete this application when applying to any vacant position with Upper Merion Township.
- I-9 form pursuant to the Department of Homeland Security/U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. You are required to provide two (2) forms of identification from either list provided on the I-9 form. Once hired, you will be required to completed and submit this form within three (3) days from your date of hire. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf
- W-4 form http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4.pdf
- PA State Criminal Background Check and Fair Credit Reporting Act Summary https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- Child Abuse History Clearance - This clearance is mandatory for all prospective employees with a significant likelihood of regular contact with children. https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/ClearanceLearnMore
- FBI Criminal Background Check (Fingerprints if 18 yrs. or older) – This clearance is mandatory for all prospective employees with a significant likelihood of regular contact with children. To register, you must visit: http://www.pa.cogentid.com or by telephone by dialing 1-888-439-2486 prior to going to one of the approved fingerprinting sites. A list of approved sites will be found on the website once you register. For all full-time positions, the cost will be reimbursed in the prospective candidate’s first paycheck, once successfully hired.
- Pre-employment Drug Screen – The HR Department will provide you with the proper form and location of the collection site. www.labcorp.com
- Local Earned Income Tax Residency Certification Form. http://www.newpa.com/webfm_send/1605
- Optional Direct Deposit Form – Complete this form for the convenience of having your check deposited directly into a checking, savings, or money market account.
Explanation of Documents Above:
Child Abuse History Clearance - A two page Child Abuse History Clearance application. Please obtain a $10.00 money order made payable to the Department of Public Welfare to process your Child Abuse History Clearance, cash, checks or other methods CANNOT be accepted. Your Child Abuse History Clearance and Application, as well as your $10.00 money order, should be returned to your Supervisor, and will then be sent to Harrisburg for processing. Once you have received the results of your Child Abuse History Clearance from the state of Pennsylvania, which will be mailed directly to your home address, please bring the original copy to the Human Resources Department located in the Administrative Offices of the Township Bldg. Human Resources will retain the original and a copy will be provided to you for your records.
FBI Criminal Background Check - If you have already done this you do NOT need to do it again. Human Resources just need one copy on file for your employment. Per the PA Child Protective Services Law (CPSL; Act 73 of 2007), applicants age 18 and older who are applying to engage in occupations with a significant likelihood of regular contact with children in the form of care, guidance, supervision or training must obtain an full fingerprint FBI Background Check. You must register online at www.pa.cogentid.com or by telephone 1-888-439-2486 prior to going to one of the approved fingerprinting sites. If registering online you will select "Department of Public Welfare" on the first page and then you can begin the registration process. The cost is $27.50 and can be paid online with a credit/debit card or with a $27.50 money order payable to Cogent Systems will be accepted on site. No cash transactions or personal checks will be allowed. You must print your receipt from Cogent Systems website and bring it with you to the fingerprinting site as proof of payment. You are not limited to the fingerprint sites in your area; as there are other approved locations which can be found on www.pa.cogentid.com. Once you have received the results of your FBI Criminal Background Check, which will be mailed directly to your home address, please bring the original to the Human Resources Department for examination.
PA Criminal Background Check – Upper Merion Township Pre-Employment PA Criminal Record Check forms. Please complete both pages and return the completed forms to the HR Department.
Drug Screening - A list of Approved Collection Facilities can be found on LabCorp’s website at www.labcorp.com. However, you must obtain the Chain of Custody form from the Human Resources Department, as this is a carbon copied form and not able to be distributed electrically. You do not need to make an appointment prior to arriving for the drug screen and there is no cost to you. Note: You must take the Chain of Custody form with you as well as a current photo ID. Drug test results will go directly to the Human Resources Department.
I-9 form is to document that each employee hired is authorized to work in the United States. This form must be accompanied by documents as listed on the last page of the I-9 Form to establish identity and employment authorization. Employees may present any List A document OR a combination of a List B and a List C document. Please complete the top portion of the form and return to the Human Resources Department with the proper documentation. (Do not complete the bottom portion of the form; someone from Human Resources will review your Identification and complete that section during New Hire Orientation.) http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf
Local Service Tax Exemption Form - Complete the Local Service Tax Exemption Form for any of the following four (4) reasons:
- MULTIPLE EMPLOYERS: Attach a copy of a current pay statement from your principal employer that shows the name of the employer, the length of the payroll period and the amount of LST withheld. List all employers on the reverse side of this form. You must notify your other employers of a change in principal place of employment within two weeks of the change.
- EXPECTED TOTAL EARNED INCOME AND NET PROFITS FROM ALL SOURCES WITHIN THE TOWNSHIP OF UPPER MERION WILL BE LESS THAN $12,000 (Ideal for seasonal staff): Atttach copies of your final pay statements or your W-2 for the year prior. If you are self-employed, please attach a copy of your PA Schedule C, F, or RK-1 for the prior year.
- ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY EXEMPTION: Please attach a copy of your orders directing you to active duty status. Annual training is not eligible for exemption. You are required to advise the tax office when you are discharged from active duty status.
- MILITARY DISABILITY EXEMPTION: Please attach copy of your discharge orders and a statement from the United States Veterans Administrator documenting your disability. Only 100% permanent disabilities are recognized for this exemption.