Thank you for your patience and understanding throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Your loyalty and support of the Upper Merion Community Center and the Parks & Recreation Department is much appreciated.
We are excited to announce that effective Tuesday, June 1, all visitors to the Upper Merion Community Center who are fully vaccinated will not be required to wear a mask. Visitors who are not fully vaccinated will still be encouraged to wear a face covering at all times. While we won’t be checking vaccination status or policing this, we do ask you to be responsible and do the right thing for your own safety and the safety of our staff, visitors and the Upper Merion community. If you feel more comfortable wearing a mask, you may continue to do so. Please do not mistake the changes in this policy to mean you are no longer allowed to wear a mask, you are still permitted to do so if you choose.
Also effective June 1, we will be lifting several restrictions and changing protocols at the Community Center. Please review the attached update to COVID-19 guidelines. Here are some of the high points:
- Returning to normal operating hours
- Opening of the upper and lower entrances
- Guest passes and daily members can return
- Open gym will be fully operational (return of pickup games)
- Lounge, showers and locker rooms are available and open
- The return of MCGOPA and the 431 Art Gallery (later this summer)
- Child Watch will remain closed until further notice
If you have any additional questions please don’t hesitate to contact us. We look forward to seeing you in our programs, in our pool, and in our parks. Thank you again!