What is autorenewal?
The Upper Merion Township Library will automatically renew eligible material that is checked out on your library card without you having to lift a finger! This will only apply to Upper Merion Township Library materials and other MCLINC libraries that currently offer automatic renewal.
When will my item automatically renew?
Upper Merion Township Library will attempt to renew your borrowed item three days before the due date. If successful, your loan period will be extended for 21 days from the existing due date, an additional full loan period.
How will I know if my item was renewed?
There are a few ways to find out an item’s due date:
- Within the courtesy notice emailed to you 3 days before the due date, opt-in to receive email notices if you haven’t already.
- Via your online account.
- By calling 610-265-4805 during library operating hours.
Why won’t my item Automatically Renew?
An item won’t Automatically Renew if:
- Another library user has requested it.
- The item is from another MCLINC library that currently does not offer autorenewal.
- The item has reached its maximum number of renewals (2 times for most items).
- Your account is expired.
- The item is a digital item, such as an ebook from Overdrive.
- The item is an InterLibrary Loan (ILL) item from a library outside of MCLINC.
Can I opt out of Automatic Renewal?
Automatic renewal is an automatic process that applies to all Upper Merion Township Library cardholder accounts. If you don’t wish to keep an item, please return it when you’re finished.