I want to thank everyone for their continued patience as the library has implemented our phased reopening plan. We have been taking things slowly as safety is our highest priority for both our staff and patrons.
I ask that you follow us on Facebook and check out the website for the most up-to-date information. Below, are a few FAQs about our steps toward reopening. As always, if you have any questions please reach out to the library through social media or by email: email@example.com.
NEW HOURS FOR 2021 (Effective January 2, 2021)
Monday – 10am – 8pm
Tuesday – 10am – 8pm
Wednesday – 10am – 8pm
Thursday – 10am – 5pm
Friday – 10am – 5pm
Saturday – 10am – 5pm
Sunday – CLOSED
REOPENING TO THE PUBLIC
The safety of our staff and patrons is our highest priority. With that in mind, we have established guidelines and procedures based on the latest recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Pennsylvania Department of Health, and the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Please review the following information:
- Library materials can be returned at any time by dropping them in our drive-up return box located in front of the township building. There is a slot for books and a separate slot for media including DVDs, audiobooks, music, and videogames.
- Unvaccinated patrons are required to wear a mask covering both their mouth and nose when using the library.
- Limited study carrels will be available for individuals.
- To accommodate social distancing practices, only a few computers will be available daily.
- Computer usage will require an appointment which can be made by calling the library at 610-265-4805. Patrons will have one 45-minute appointment per day.
- Computer assistance will be limited due to current staff constraints.
- Sneeze guards have been installed to keep you and our staff safe. Please follow the signage on the floor and step up to engage staff at designated areas.
- Some collections may be unavailable for check out such as toys and some museum passes.
- Patrons will check out all material, both children’s and adults, at our front desk.
- Curbside pickup will continue to be offered to patrons.
CURBSIDE PICK-UP HOURS
The Upper Merion Township Library is offering contactless curbside pickup. When your items are available to be picked up, you will receive an email or phone call from the library. Contact the library at 610-265-4805 to set up an appointment.
CURBSIDE PICKUP PROCEDURES
When you arrive, please pull through the front parking lot of the Township building and stop in front of the building.
- Call the library at 610-265-4805 and be prepared to give your name (the one that you placed your holds under) and the make, model, and color of your car.
- If you are unvaccinated, please wear a mask when interacting with staff.
- We will bring your material out to the car. Please check your account for your due date on all materials.
- If you are no longer interested in the material on hold, please call us and let us know that we can reshelve it and take it off your account.
- If you have items to be returned, please drop them off in the drive-up return just beyond the first set of parking spaces on the drive-side. It’s a big silver box with a library logo on it. Our staff will not accept any material from you when you pull up for curbside pick-up.