I want to thank everyone for their continued patience as the library begins implementing our phased reopening plan. We are taking things slow as safety is our highest priority for both our staff and patrons.
As we learn more, we continue to adapt our plan and so I ask that you follow us on Facebook and check out the website as more information becomes available. Below, are a few FAQs about our steps toward reopening. As always, if you have any questions please reach out to the library through social media or by email: email@example.com.
Tuesday, September 8 – 3pm – 8pm
Wednesday, September 9 – 10am – 2pm
Thursday, September 10 – 3pm – 8pm
Friday, September 11 – 10am – 2pm
Monday, September 14 – 10am – 2pm
Tuesday, September 15 – 3pm – 8pm
Wednesday, September 16 – 10am – 2pm
Thursday, September 17 – 3pm – 8pm
Friday, September 18 – 10am – 2pm
Reopening hours will be reviewed regularly and additional hours will be added when possible.
REOPENING TO THE PUBLIC
We’re excited to announce that we will be re-opening to the public on Tuesday, September 8th! The safety of our staff and patrons is our highest priority. With that in mind, we have established guidelines and procedures based on the latest recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Please review the following information:
- Library materials can be returned at any time by dropping them in our drive-up return box located in front of the township building. There is a slot for books and a separate slot for media including DVDs, audiobooks, music, and videogames.
- All library material is quarantined for at least 72 hours to prevent the transfer of the virus.
- The library will be open limited hours during the initial reopening phase.
- All patrons will be entering the library through our emergency exit doors located near the Henderson Room just beyond our main entrance.
- Touchless thermometers will be used to screen everyone entering the library for elevated temperatures. Anyone with 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed to enter.
- Everyone entering the library must wear a mask covering both their mouth and nose.
- Occupancy will be limited to a percentage of capacity based on federal and state mandates.
- We ask that patrons browsing for materials limit their time in the library. Our recommendation is 30 minutes.
- All study rooms and tables will be unavailable until further notice.
- To accommodate social distancing practices, only a few computers will be available daily.
- Computer usage will require an appointment which can be made by calling the library at 610-265-4805 beginning Monday, August 31. Patrons will have one 45-minute appointment per day.
- Patrons will be required to use hand sanitizer before using public computers.
- Computer keyboards and mice will be covered in plastic.
- Computer assistance will be limited due to current staff constraints.
- Sneeze guards have been installed to keep you and our staff safe. Please follow the signage on the floor and step up to engage staff at designated areas.
- Some collections may be unavailable for check out such as toys and museum passes.
- Patrons will check out all material, both children’s and adults, at our front desk.
- Curbside pickup will continue to be offered to patrons who are unable to or uncomfortable with coming into the building.
CURBSIDE PICK-UP HOURS
The Upper Merion Township Library is offering contactless curbside pickup. When your items are available to be picked up, you will receive an email or phone call from the library. Please do not come to the library until you hear from us!
CURBSIDE PICKUP PROCEDURES
- When you arrive, please pull through the front parking lot of the Township building and park in any empty space.
- Call the library at 610-265-4805 and be prepared to give your name (the one that you placed your holds under) and the make, model, and color of your car.
- Please make wear a mask when interacting with staff.
- We will bring your material out to the car. Please check your account for your due date on all materials.
- If you are no longer interested in the material on hold, please call us and let us know that we can reshelve it and take it off your account.
- If you have items to be returned, please drop them off in the drive-up return just beyond the first set of parking spaces on the drive-side. It’s a big silver box with a library logo on it. Our staff will not accept any material from you when you pull up for curbside pick-up.