Big improvements are coming to First Avenue! Over the next 10 months, a multi-use pathway will take shape beginning at Moore Road and extending east on either side of First Avenue. Soon the public will be able to stroll down a new ADA compliant pathway with pedestrian lighting, improved bus shelters, seating areas, trash receptacles and vibrant planting beds.
This is Phase 1 of the project. Phase 2 is planned for 2021.
Construction will take place in two stages with minimal disruption to commuters on First Avenue.
- Construction activity will NOT take place during rush hour traffic from 6:00-9:00AM and 3:00-8:00PM. Flaggers will be on site if lane closures are necessary.
- Construction activities are limited to temporary easement areas.
- Full-time Construction Inspector, RK&K, will be on-site during all construction activities.
- Construction activities at driveways will be coordinated with property owner and key tenants and the Contractor & Construction Inspector will keep traffic flowing.
- March 2020 – Tree removal
- March 2020 – Erosion and sedimentation controls
- March 2020 – Retaining wall construction
- March-June 2020 – Stage 1 – Improvements on North Side of First Ave (1160 First Ave, 1150 First Ave, Maschellmac Office Complex, 900 First Ave)
- June-September 2020 – Stage 2 – Improvements on South Side of First Ave (1075 First Ave, 1045 First Ave, 651 Park Ave, 935 First Ave, 933 First Ave)
For more information, or to see updates about the project, visit www.mooreparkKOP.com.