- All dogs 3 months of age or older are required by Pennsylvania law to have a current dog license by January 1 of each year
- Failure to have your dog licensed may result in a fine of up to $300 (per dog)
- If your dog gets lost, a current license is the fastest way to get your dog back home
- Dogs and cats three months or older must have a current rabies vaccination
- Owners of non-vaccinated pets may be fined up to $300 (per dog) plus court costs
How do I get a license? Choose one below.
- Pick up an application for a dog license at the Upper Merion Township Building (annual and lifetime licenses are available)
- Contact Montgomery County Treasurer Jason E. Salus at 610-278-3066, online at treasurer.montcopa.org, or at 1 Montgomery Plaza, 6th Floor, Norristown, PA 19404
- If you are not a Montgomery County resident, you can find your county treasurer at www.licenseyourdogpa.pa.gov
- Apply, pay and print your license online.
How much does a license cost?
Annual license fees are as follows.
Dogs that are spayed or neutered………….. $6.50
Dogs not spayed or neutered………………….. $8.50
Senior citizens (65 years of age and older) or persons with proof of disability:
Dogs that are spayed or neutered………….. $4.50
Dogs not spayed or neutered……………………$6.50
How do I get more information?
- Contact the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture at 717-787-3062
- Visit www.licenseyourdogPA.com