As of Tuesday, September 8, we reopened our doors to the community at the Township Building, Community Center, and Library! The safety of our staff and visitors is our number one priority. Our staff has worked tirelessly to implement the proper safety procedures and guidelines, in accordance with federal and state guidelines.
Read on to learn more about our reopening plans, including hours of operation, guidelines, safety tips, and anything else you’ll need to know.
Township Building Plan
- Protective shields have been installed at all service windows
- Hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed throughout the building and visitors are encouraged to use them
- Touchless Temperature Sensors have been installed at key locations in the building
- Visitors are required to take their temperature before entering office areas
- Meeting rooms will not be available for rental for the remainder of the year
- Everyone entering the Township Building is required to wear a mask and practice social distancing at all times
- Visitors to the Township Building are asked to limit their time inside to the amount needed to conduct business
- Virtual participation in Supervisors Business Meetings is strongly encouraged. The Live broadcasts can be viewed on Comcast channel 22, Verizon channel 33 and streaming on the web at umtownship.org. Questions and comments can be submitted through MyUMT or calling 484-636-3930.
- All individuals attending a township meeting will be required to have their temperature checked before admittance to a meeting room
- Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will be expected to leave the building and should seek medical attention
- Due to occupancy limits of meeting rooms, attendees may be asked to wait outside a meeting room until there is available seating or called to enter the room by the meeting chairperson to discuss an agenda topic or participate in public comment
- Library materials can be returned at any time by dropping them in our drive-up return box located in front of the township building. There is a slot for books and a separate slot for media including DVDs, audiobooks, music, and videogames.
- All library material is quarantined for at least 72 hours to prevent the transfer of the virus
- The library will be open limited hours during the initial reopening phase. Please refer to the Library webpage for updated hours of operation.
- All patrons will be entering the library through our emergency exit doors located near the Henderson Room just beyond our main entrance
- Touchless thermometers will be used to screen everyone entering the library for elevated temperatures. Anyone with 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed to enter.
- Everyone entering the library must wear a mask covering both their mouth and nose.
- Occupancy will be limited to a percentage of capacity based on federal and state mandates
- We ask that patrons browsing for materials limit their time in the library. Our recommendation is 30 minutes.
- All study rooms and tables will be unavailable until further notice
- To accommodate social distancing practices, only a few computers will be available daily
- Computer usage will require an appointment which can be made by calling the library at 610-265-4805 beginning Monday, August 31. Patrons will have one 45-minute appointment per day.
- Patrons will be required to use hand sanitizer before using public computers
- Computer keyboards and mice will be covered in plastic
- Computer assistance will be limited due to current staff constraints
- Sneeze guards have been installed to keep you and our staff safe. Please follow the signage on the floor and step up to engage staff at designated areas.
- Some collections may be unavailable for check out such as toys and museum passes
- Patrons will check out all material, both children’s and adults, at our front desk
- Curbside pickup will continue to be offered to patrons who are unable to or uncomfortable with coming into the building
We will be operating with modified hours to start. The Library open hours will mimic the curbside pickup hours:
Monday | Wednesday | Friday – 10:00AM to 2:00PM
Tuesday | Thursday – 3:00PM to 8:00PM
Reopening hours will be reviewed regularly and additional hours will be added when possible.
Community Center Plan
- All staff have been trained on the appropriate safety procedures including the proper use of disinfectant
- All high-touch areas will be disinfected hourly
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at the front desk and mounted on walls throughout the building
- Foot pedals to allow hands-free door opening have been installed on all public bathrooms and locker rooms
- During the initial re-opening phase, only passholders will be allowed to enter. Open gym and daily passes will be permitted at a later date.
- Occupancy will be limited to a percentage of capacity based on current state and federal mandates
- The main front entrance will be used for all arrivals and departures from the front parking lot. Please follow the yellow floor markers when entering and the red floor markers when exiting.
- Two color-coded lines will be used at the front entrance: one for passholders swiping in and one for ticket purchases, questions and registrations
- The back-entrance door between multipurpose rooms 1 and 2 will be open at 9:00AM for arrivals and departures from the back parking lot
- Those entering to purchase tickets, complete registrations, or ask questions will be asked to sign a visitor’s log including name, contact phone, and the date and time of their visit
- Everyone must observe the required social distancing of 6 feet per person and markers will be placed where appropriate
- Everyone must wear a mask while in the building
- Upon entering, you will be given a health screening. You will be asked if you currently have a fever, cough, sore throat, or other symptoms, and have you or anyone with whom you have been in contact had COVID-19 in the past 14 days. If any symptoms are present, the individual or family will not be allowed to enter and will be referred to their family doctor.
- Touchless thermometers will be used to screen for elevated temperatures. Anyone with 100.4 or higher will not be allowed to enter.
- In the Fitness Center, every other cardio machine can be utilized and machines that are not available will be taped off. All participants will be required to wipe down their machines. Free-standing disinfection stations will be available on the fitness center floor. Rowers, spin bikes and small machines will be located on the track.
- Group exercise and Spin classes will be subject to capacity limits and will be strictly enforced. Any equipment used during a class will be disinfected by the fitness staff after each class. Equipment will not be shared during classes.
- Signage limiting the number of people allowed in locker rooms will be posted
- Child Watch, water fountains, showers, and the lounge will not be available until further notice
- Water bottle refilling stations will be available
Monday – Friday – 5:00AM to 8:30PM
Saturday – Sunday – 8:00AM to 4:30PM