On June 19, 2020 Governor Tom Wolf announced Montgomery county will move into the “green phase” at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, June 26, 2020.
What does this mean?
The green phase will ease most restrictions and allow the reopening of businesses, such as indoor dinning, personal care services and shopping malls.
While in the green phase all residents must continue to wear a mask in public and while visiting businesses.
What does this mean for Upper Merion Township?
In accordance with Governor Tom Wolf’s announcement, Upper Merion Township will move into the green phase. The following Upper Merion Township department changes will go into effect on Friday, June 26, 2020:
- Upper Merion Parks & Recreation
- Upper Merion Township playgrounds will reopen.
- The UMPR pool will offer memberships to non-residents.
- The Upper Merion Community Center will remain closed, but will reopen in the near future.
- The Upper Merion Township building will remain closed to the public, but will reopen in the near future.
- The Police lobby will remain open to the public.
- Upper Merion Township Library
- The library will remain closed, but will offer curbside pick-up.
All businesses and residents should follow the green phase guidelines outlined below, until further notice.
Work and Congregate Settings Restrictions
- Continued Telework Strongly Encouraged
- Businesses with In-Person Operations Must Follow Updated Business and Building Safety Requirements
- All Businesses Operating at 50% Occupancy in the Yellow Phase May Increase to 75% Occupancy
- Child Care May Open Complying with Guidance
- Congregate Care Restrictions in Place
- Prison and Hospital Restrictions Determined by Individual Facilities
- Schools Subject to CDC and Commonwealth Guidance
- Large Gatherings of More Than 250 Prohibited
- Masks are Required When Entering a Business
- Restaurants and Bars Open at 50% Occupancy
- Personal Care Services (including hair salons and barbershops) Open at 50% Occupancy and by Appointment Only
- Indoor Recreation, Health and Wellness Facilities, and Personal Care Services (such as gyms and spas) Open at 50% Occupancy with Appointments Strongly Encouraged
- All Entertainment (such as casinos, theaters, and shopping malls) Open at 50% Occupancy
- Construction Activity May Return to Full Capacity with Continued Implementation of Protocols
Don’t forget to #maskupmontco and #staysafeumt