UPPER MERION TOWNSHIP BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
APRIL 15, 2021 MEETING ~ 7:30 PM
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call.
4. Meeting Minutes: November 12, 2020 Business
December 3, 2020 Business
March 18, 2021 Business
5. Chairman’s Comments:
6. New Business:
A. Public Safety Promotions
B. Public Hearing re: An Ordinance regulating the use and possession of marijuana and marijuana paraphernalia to enable police to use their discretion to charge a person found with a small amount of marijuana intended for personal use with a summary offense as opposed to a misdemeanor.
C. Public Hearing re: An Ordinance amending Chapter 165, to amend the title and definition of adult bookstore, adult video store and sexually oriented business and to amend to reclassify adult book and video stores.
D. Public Hearing re: An Ordinance amending Chapter 165, Zoning, Section 165-208, Fences, to establish height regulations within the front yard and restrict hazardous fencing types.
E. Public Hearing re: An Ordinance amending Chapter 165, Zoning, Section 165-199, Nonconforming Uses, to provide regulations for existing nonconforming lots that do not meet area, width and yard dimensions.
F. Conditional Use Hearing (continued) – Mancill Mill Road Company, 850 Mancill Mill Road. Application of the Mancill Mill Road Company, 850 Mancill Mill Rd seeking Conditional Use Approval, pursuant to Section 165-135, Use Regulations, of the Township Code to permit a Residential-Oriented Development (ROD) to be located on the SM-1 zoned property.
G. Resolution 2021-17 – Revised Preliminary and Final Land Development Plan – Horizon Drive Group, LP., 3700 Horizon Drive. Consideration of a revised preliminary/final subdivision plan submitted by the Horizon Drive Group, as prepared by Nave Newell, dated June 17,2020 last revised February 23, 2021 for the construction of a 74,000 sq. ft. addition and associated site improvements on the property subject to those conditions outlined in said resolution.
H. Consent Agenda re:
1. Resolution 2021-14 re: Recognizing Arbor Day.
2. Resolution 2021-15 re: Recognizing Earth Day.
3. Homestead Exemption Request, 11307 Valley Forge Circle – Approval of the Homestead Exemption Request by the property owner of 11307 Valley Forge Circle for the 2021 Township Real Estate Tax in the amount of $202.27.
4. Accept Resignation of Dana Augustine from the Park & Recreation Board.
5. Resolution 2021-16 re: Application for Traffic Signal Approval (TE-160) for a pedestrian crosswalk and two ADA compliant curb ramps at North Gulph Road and Guthrie Road (UDR Apartment Development)
6. Permission to Advertise– Permission to advertise a public hearing at the May 13, 2021 regular Business meeting on a proposed ordinance amending Section 165-145 of the Upper Merion Township Zoning Ordinance to modify maximum height limitations and to permit restaurants within the Light Industrial “LI” District.
7. Crow Creek Trail Project Contract Payment # 5 in the amount of $154,638.00 to Kenney Excavating for work to date on the Crow Creek Trail Project.
8. Crow Creek Trail Project Professional Services Change Order Request No. 3 – Gilmore Associates for the engineering design and permitting associated with the realignment of trail section 1C (Parke Lane to High School) in the amount of $7500.00
9. Authorization for the Township Manager to sign Real Estate Tax Settlement Stipulation:
a. BRE/HV Properties, LLC, 400 American Avenue, for the tax years 2018 -2021 resulting in an overpayment of real estate taxes in the amount of $12,911.39.
10. King of Prussia Volunteer Fire Company Lease Agreement – Authorization to pre-pay the 31 remaining monthly lease payments to the King of Prussia Volunteer Fire Company for the use of the Fire Company facility at 170 Allendale Road.
11. Financial Escrow Security Release No. 3, 900 River Road LLC, 900 River Road – Approval of Escrow Release No. 3 to 900 River Road LLC in the amount of $105,018.00 for the completion of required site improvements to date as part of the warehouse development project as recommended by the Township Engineer.
12. Financial Escrow Security Release No. 1, Ferro Corp – ESL ElectroScience, 416 East Church Road – Approval of Escrow Release No. 1 to Ferro Corp – ESL ElectroScience, in the amount of $280,304.48 for the completion of required site improvements to date as part of the development project as recommended by the Township Engineer.
13. Financial Security Escrow Release No. 3, Craft Custom Homes, LLC, 383 Anderson Road Subdivision – Approve Escrow Release Request No. 3 to Craft Custom Homes, LLC, for the completion of required public improvements to date as part of the 383 Anderson Road Subdivision in the amount of $60,474.00.
14. 2020 Real Estate Tax Overpayment Refund Request – 575 S. Goddard Blvd, Unit 310. Approval of the request for a refund of an overpayment of the 2020 Twp R.E. Tax in the amount of $29.35 due to an assessment error.
15. Business Associate Contract – Access Services, Inc. – Consideration of a one (1) year contract with Access Services Inc., 500 Office Center Drive, Ft. Washington, to utilize their Mobile Crisis Support Program to assist the Police Department resolve crisis situations and cover the transfer of protected health information.
7. Accounts Payable & Payrolls.
8. Additional Business.