UPPER MERION TOWNSHIP BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
OCTOBER 14, 2021 MEETING ~ 7:30 PM
1. Meeting Called to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call.
4. Chairman’s Comments:
5. New Business:
A. Presentation from Lower Providence Township to Upper Merion Fire & EMS Personnel for Hurricane Ida assistance.
B. Proclamation re: Fire Prevention Month – October, 2021.
C. Presentation re: Upper Merion Fire and Emergency Service Awards.
D. Presentation of the Bernard S. Gutkowski, Sr. Firefighter of the Year Award and the Mary Bacchi Emergency Medical Services Responder of the Year Award to the Upper Merion Township Fire and EMS Department.
E. Announcement of Home Town Hero Program.
F. Consent Agenda re:
1. Financial Escrow Security Release No. 4, Craft Custom Homes, LLC, 383 Anderson Road Subdivision – Approve Escrow Release Request No. 4 to Craft Custom Homes, LLC, in the amount of $27,975.00 for the completion of required public improvements to date as part of the 383 Anderson Road Subdivision.
2. Accept Resignation of Mahum Mahmood, Student Member of the Park & Recreation Board
3. Financial Escrow Security Release No. 9, 900 River Road LLC, 900 River Road – Approval of Escrow Release No. 9 to 900 River Road LLC in the amount of $832,294.00 for the completion of required site improvements to date as part of the warehouse development project as recommended by the Township Engineer.
4. Financial Escrow Security Release No. 2, Horizon Drive Group, LP, 3700 Horizon Drive – Approval of Escrow Release No. 2 to Horizon Drive Group, LP in the amount of $496,253.00 for the completion of required site improvements to date as part of the building expansion project as recommended by the Township Engineer.
5. Crow Creek Trail Project – Substantial Completion Date Extension. Approval of a contract substantial completion date extension to October 28, 2021 requested by James Kenney Excavating & Paving due to material delivery delays as well as trail damage repairs caused by Hurricane Ida.
6. Crow Creek Trail Project Contract Payment No. 11 in the amount of $128,182.50 to Kenney Excavating for work to date on the Crow Creek Trail Project.
7. Authorization of 2021 Operating Budget Transfers – Park & Recreation. Authorization of a budget transfer in the amount of $4,550.00 from the Park & Recreation Budget Line 01-450-3730 Building Maintenance to 01-450-3185 Waste Removal.
8. Authorization of 2021 Supplemental Budget Appropriations – Park & Recreation. Authorization of the following 2021 Supplemental Budget Appropriations due to unanticipated revenue/expenses as follows:
1. 01-367-0420 Day Camp Revenue increased to $207,260.00
2. 01-450-4592 Day Camp Programs expense increased to $52,775.00
3. 01-367-0430 Inst Class Revenue increased to $132,712.00
4. 01-450-4593 Inst Class Program expense increased to $287,000.00
5. 01-367-0450 Special Events Revenue increased to $9,217.00
6. 01-450-4595 Special Events Programs expense increased to $14,000.00
9. Resolution 2021-26 – PA Department of Education eSignature Authorization. Authorization for Laura Arnhold, Township Library Director to sign all contracts with the Department of Education.
10. Resolution 2021-27 – Request for a Multimodal Transportation Fund Grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation in the amount of $1,000,000.00 to be used for the Brownlie Road Bridge Replacement Project.
G. Resolution 2021-22 – Preliminary/Final Development Plan – JP Morgan Chase Bank. 677 W. DeKalb. Consideration of a Preliminary/Final Land Development Plan for JM Real Estate Holdings, prepared by the Core States Group, dated March 2, 2021, last revised June 30, 2021, for the Demolition of the existing 19,820 SF building and the construction of a new bank, commercial building and associated site improvements. (CL Commercial Limited, 1.03 acres).
6. Accounts Payable & Payrolls.
7. Additional Business.