The Upper Merion Community Center is a 70,000 square foot, state of the art facility that offers a wide array of classes, camps, and activities to both residents and non-residents. The Center is equipped with a huge indoor track, group fitness room, multiple courts for a variety of games, meeting spaces, and a cooking studio. Members have access to all of the amenities, plus free wi-fi and childcare while using the facility, and receive a discount on township pool memberships and all UMPR programs and trips. The Center also furthers the township’s goal of a sustainable community with its three green roofs. Stop by the Community Center for a tour, or sign up for a membership today.
Annual Passholder Benefits & Rates
- Unlimited access to the Community Center
- Unlimited Group Exercise classes with access to MyZone Heart Rate Technology
- Two Complimentary Fitness Orientations
- One Complimentary Fitness Assessment
- 15% discount on all programs, summer camps, and trips*
- 25% discount on Upper Merion Township Pool membership*
- Lockers, showers, lounge, free WiFi
- Guest Passes & Referral Program
*Discounts apply to any purchase made while an active Passholder
Child Watch - Child Watch is Currently Not Being Offered
- Weekdays: 9:00AM to 1:00PM
- Saturdays 8:00AM – 12:00PM
- Sundays 9:00AM – 12:00PM
Wellness Begins with You
- You’re the healthiest when you set aside time for you. Child Watch gives children ages 3 months through 10 years old a fun, safe and supervised place to play while you enjoy a great workout.
- Every Child Watch attendant is certified in CPR and First Aid, and must pass a background check before they’re hired. Safety is our number one priority, then fun. We take pride in giving every kid the focused care they need. If we really do need to reach you, we can easily contact you in the center.
- You can get a Parental Agreement form and make a reservation at the Front Desk. Reservations can be made up to one week in advance for a full two hour stay. Space is limited, so we encourage you to call ahead to save your spot.
Complimentary to Passholders, Great Rate for Guests
- Child Watch is free to Community Center Passholders
- Guests are welcome to use Child Watch for only $3.00 an hour per child for a max of 2 hours.
- Child Watch fees are paid at the Front Desk prior to use and are non-refundable.
Have questions? Stop by or call the Front Desk 610-265-1071
Corporate Rates & Wellness
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Unlimited access to the Community Center
- Fitness Center with wide array of Strength / Cardio equipment
- One (1) Complimentary Fitness Assessment
- Two (2) Complimentary Fitness Orientations
- Group Exercise Classes unlimited
- Open Gym (Pickleball, Volleyball, Basketball, Badminton), Track -Free
- Free Child Watch while you exercise
- 15% Discount on all Programs, Summer Camps and Trips*
- 25% Discount on Upper Merion Outdoor Swimming Pool Membership*
- Lockers/Showers, Lounge, free Wi/Fi
- *Discounts apply to any purchase made while an active Passholder
Are you a business leader looking for ways to strengthen the health and wellness of your workforce? Consider the Upper Merion Community Center Discount Corporate Rates.
UMCC offers your employees a sparkling state-of-the-art facility with a variety of programs, service excellence, and a supportive vibrant community to help them achieve their wellness goals.
Are you an employee in a business located in Upper Merion Township but live outside the township? The Upper Merion Community Center’s Discount Corporate Individual Rate is for you!
To register, please visit the Community Center and the Front Desk Staff will validate your Upper Merion Township employer. Please show your company ID badge or a letter from your business owner or HR.
If you and a group of your coworkers are interested in joining the Upper Merion Community Center – and you have a large number of employees (10% or more of your local business), please contact Gerri Vattimo at 484-636-3899 to discuss the Center’s Discount Corporate Group Rates.
GREAT SPACES AVAILABLE TO RENT AT THE COMMUNITY CENTER!
Are you looking for a place to host your next meeting, training or special event? Want to get some friends together and enjoy a volleyball or basketball game? The Upper Merion Community Center has many options to meet your needs! Courts, specialty and meeting rooms are available in a variety of sizes and at reasonable rates.
Download the Facility Rental Request form.
Free Passholder Program
Group Exercise & Spinning
The improvements to the Mind Body Studio are complete! Check out the Group Exercise schedule for class time and locations.
GROUP EXERCISE CLASS DESCRIPTIONS
All of our classes are easily modified for all levels. Our highly qualified instructors can make sure a college athlete and a grandparent can both get a safe, effective workout in the same class!
- Arms & Abs: Strength training class that will target your upper body and midsection with moves designed to tone and strengthen.
- Barre: This combination of ballet-inspired low-weight resistance training and bodyweight work make for an intense, yet low-impact, toning workout.
- Bootcamp: Classic calisthenics mixed with bodyweight strength exercises designed to develop speed, agility, and more.
- Cardio Spin®: Improve cardiovascular fitness while burning lots of calories. Perfect for those that are new to Spin.
- Chair Yoga: Traditional yoga poses adapted so that you can safely practice while seated or standing next to your chair for balance.
- Dance Fitness: Choreography is taught and repeated to maximize the burn. Dynamic tension will tone, define and shape your body.
- Express Spin®: A 30-minute version of our Spinning® is a great way to get a vigorous workout without the impact of running or jumping.
- Family Bootcamp: Improve your strength and stamina as a family! This fun workout consists of sports drills, jump rope, circuits, and interval training.
- Family Zumba: Dance along to dynamic, exciting and FUN routines as a family!
- Gentle Stretch: Stretch, relax, and rest muscles while increasing your flexibility. Taking care of your body for longevity is the key component of this class!
- Gentle Yoga: Focus on breathing techniques and create a more conscious connection between your body and spirit in restful poses.
- Kids Pound (Ages 5-10): Fuses movement and music to improve focus, coordination and physical fitness by combining exercise and interactive activities. Kids will learn new ways to explore movement, embrace their creativity, and ROCK OUT – ultimately building strength, confidence and self awareness.
- Octagon Express: Trainer-led circuit training that runs non-stop but you can come and go whenever you want. Stay for the whole 45 minutes or jump in for a quick 5!
- Meditation & Movement: Combine gentle stretching and yoga poses and close with meditation and relaxation to reduce stress and improve well-being.
- Pilates: Increase your flexibility through a series of dynamic movements that restore balance to core muscles using bands, balls, and light weights.
- Pound & Stretch: A full body ROCK OUT using drumsticks and bodyweight to strengthen and tone. There will be a long stretch at the end to help improve flexibility!
- Spinning®: Pedal your way to excellent cardiovascular conditioning with a well-trained, certified Spinning instructor.
- Senior Strength: Senior fitness class using TRX and weights to emphasize core stability, balance, and increase muscle strength.
- Strength: Build strength, add definition, improve bone density, and decrease body fat by increasing your lean muscle.
- STRONG®: Combines body weight, muscle conditioning, cardio and plyometric moves synced to specifically designed music to match every single move.
- Sunshine Yoga: Enjoy an align-and-flow class designed to wake you up and get you going and flowing into the rest of your day.
- Tabata & Abs: This class combines tabata training with an ab finisher to help you get fitter, faster while also strengthen your core!
- Total Body: Incorporate strength and cardio in one total body workout. You will strengthen your muscles and heart at the same time.
- Tread + Shred: The most efficient 30 minutes of your day! Pair treadmill intervals with total body strength moves for an epic burn.
- Vinyasa Yoga: Flow between poses, challenging your endurance, flexibility and strength. All levels are welcome!
- Yin Yoga: Targets the connective tissues by holding poses for a longer time with the goal of increasing circulation, flexibility, and range of motion. Please bring a blanket or beach towel along with layered clothing for your comfort.
- Zumba®: A total workout, combining all the elements of fitness – cardio, muscle conditioning, balance and flexibility, boosted energy and fun!
- Zumba® Gold-Toning: The Zumba® party you love at a slower pace with focuses on muscle conditioning and light weight activity using maraca-like Toning Sticks.
- Zumba® Toning: Combines body-sculpting exercises and high-energy Zumba® moves to create a calorie-torching, strength-training dance fitness party.
GROUP EXERCISE AGE POLICY:
- Ages 14+ are welcome to join all classes
- Ages 10-13 are welcome to join classes marked with the diamond symbol with parent/guardian supervision
- Ages 5-13 are welcome to join classes marked with the family symbol with parent/guardian supervision
Open Gym Schedule
Open Gym Fees
**Please be aware that time limits will be implemented during peak times and court sharing will be required.**
UMCC Passholders will have access to the gym/courts on a first come first serve basis during the above Open Gym times. Non-Passholders may pay the Open Gym Fee to utilize the gym/courts. *Schedule subject to change without notice. Confirm times by calling 610-265-1071.
Open Gym Policies
- Dunking and/or hanging on the rims is prohibited.
- Clean athletic shoes and shirts are required. Street shoes are prohibited.
- Food and glass containers are prohibited. Water is permitted in plastic drink bottles.
- Please do not spit on the floor or in the drinking fountains.
- The Open Gym Schedule is subject to change without notice. Please confirm times by calling 610-265-1071.
- Basketball shooting may only be played during designated open basketball times.
- Court sharing is required. The Community Center staff reserve the right to split all full court to half courts.
- Time limits will be implemented during high attendance sessions.
- Universal rules of good conduct, fair play, and good sportsmanship must be followed by all.
- Fighting, inappropriate language, antagonistic behavior, and related actions will result in expulsion from the facility.
- Open gym is strictly for shooting around or individual drills. No Personal Training unless done by parent/guardian. If someone who is not a parent/guardian is suspected of training, they will be asked to cease the activity and may have their membership privileges suspended or revoked. Personal Training is defined as meeting any or all of the following criteria: Providing direct instruction to an individual or small group, Using training equipment (cones, agility ladders, pads, etc.), Frequent meetings, and/or Compensation of any form.”
- All participants under age 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent/guardian.
- Ages 11 and up may participate in Open Gym without parental supervision.
- The rules are for your safety and enjoyment, and will be enforced by Community Center staff. In all cases of dispute or player misconduct, their ruling is final.
Family Pickleball Open Gym – Due to the popularity of open gym Pickleball, we have added a time for families to play together. Bring your favorite family member and have some fun!
Enjoy convenient on-site parking at the Community Center. Please note that when necessary, nearby lots will be identified for patron use.
The Rambler now stops at the Community Center. View the Rambler Schedule
Senior Fitness & Wellness
The Community Center is a registered amenities Silver Sneakers Partner.
Silver Sneakers members are invited to enjoy the Community Center, indoor track, and any group exercise classes. Check with your insurance company to see if your health plan offers the SilverSneakers program or visit www.silversneakers.com.
The Community Center is a part of the Silver&Fit network.
The Silver&Fit program is available to people who are Medicare-eligible and have purchased Medicare Advantage or Medicare Supplement coverage that includes the Silver&Fit program as a benefit. For more information about whether your Medicare plan includes the Silver&Fit program, contact your heath plan, call 1-800-MEDICARE, or visit www.silverandfit.com.
Silver Sneakers and Silver&Fit Members: Please stop by the Community Center during normal business hours and the front desk staff will confirm your ID so you can start enjoying the Center today.
The 431 Art Gallery
The 431 Art Gallery is an Invitational Art Exhibition located at the Upper Merion Community Center that features work by artists from the Montgomery County Guild of Professional Artists (MCGOPA).
Art is rotated seasonally, and most new exhibits are celebrated with an Exhibition Reception.
For more information on the MCGOPA, click HERE.
431 West Valley Forge Road
King of Prussia, PA 19406
Weekdays: 5:00AM to 9:00PM
Weekends: 8:00AM to 5:00PM
New Year’s Day: Closed
Easter Sunday: Closed
Memorial Day: 5:00AM to 5:00PM
Independence Day: 5:00AM to 5:00PM
Labor Day: 5:00AM to 5:00PM
Thanksgiving Eve: 5:00AM to 5:00PM
Thanksgiving Day: Closed
Christmas Eve: 8:00AM to 3:00PM
Christmas Day: Closed
New Year’s Eve: 8:00AM to 5:00PM