Informing the Public
UMGA-TV, Upper Merion Government Access Television, reaches more than 12,000 homes within the township.
BOS Business Meeting
Business meetings are broadcast live and replayed as follows:
- The following day at 11:30AM
- The following Saturday and Sunday at 10:00AM
- The following Tuesday at 7:30PM
- The following Wednesday at 11:30AM
Additional major programming includes:
- Senior Insight: An informative talk show for seniors
- Holiday parades
- Library programming
- Upper Merion Senior Service Center Meetings
- NewsBrief: A news segment show
- Remember When: An oral history project
- Summer concerts
- Community Connections: A popular talk show
The programming is supplemented by a scrolling bulletin board that provides municipal information,
as well as news concerning community groups and organizations.
Upper Merion Township recently launched a podcast designed to inform our residents via an alternative medium. Search for Upper Merion Township on your favorite podcast app, such as Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher. You’ll be able to listen to Board Meetings, as well as unique programming like Remember When and Community Connections. If you have any suggestions about what you’d like to hear on an upcoming podcast episode, email email@example.com.
Encouraging Resident Participation
The programming is designed to promote a well-informed public, fully able to participate in the local government process. UMGA-TV has won many awards in the state-wide contest sponsored by the Pennsylvania State Association of Township Supervisors.