HOW TO APPLY
Fill out an application at the check out desk or fill out a library card application online.
- Open the .pdf file and download it to your computer.
- When you open it from your computer, you can fill it out and re-save it.
- Then, open your email account and email it as an attachment to: email@example.com
- We will respond to your email within 48 hours with your library card barcode and pin number to allow you immediate access to our online resources.
- Registration must be completed in person to obtain a physical library card. Your card will expire three months after being issued, so don’t forget to stop by the library to pick up your physical card,verify your address with a driver’s license or identification with your name and current mailing address, and sign your application form.
UPPER MERION TOWNSHIP RESIDENTS
Any resident of Upper Merion Township is eligible to register for a free library card, renewable every 3 years. The Library will require photo ID containing the name and current mailing address of the applicant. If your current photo ID does not have your current address, please also bring in a bill or piece of mail with your name and current address. Children under 18 years of age will be issued a library card with the signature and identification of a parent or legal guardian. All residents will receive an ACCESS PA sticker on their library card that enables them to borrow materials at other public libraries in Pennsylvania. In order for a library card to be issued, the person named on the registration form must be present in the library.
If you currently have a card, but can’t access online resources, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-265-4805 for assistance!
To replace a lost card there will be a fee of $3.00 for an adult card and $1.00 for a card for a child under 18 years of age.
NON-RESIDENTS OF UPPER MERION TOWNSHIP
Montgomery County Residents
Montgomery County residents who do not have a home library in their township or borough may apply for a Montgomery County-Norristown library card through Upper Merion Township Library.
If you have a valid Access Pennsylvania Library card from your home library, you are welcome to check out materials according to borrowing periods and limits from the Upper Merion Township Library. You will be responsible, as our residents are, for returning on time and in good condition any materials checked out on your card. If you do not have a valid Access Pennsylvania Library card, you may use any materials in our Library, you cannot check anything out. “Home library” is defined as the library that serves the town or township in which you live.
Individuals who DO NOT live in Pennsylvania may obtain an Upper Merion Township Library card for one year. The card may be used only at the Upper Merion Township Library. The cardholder will be responsible, as our residents are, for returning on time and in good condition any materials checked out on your card.
Temporary Residents of Upper Merion Township
Persons living in Upper Merion Township for a limited time (for example, someone residing here on a temporary employment assignment for a time period of less than one year) are eligible for a Temporary Library Card. Temporary residents will be responsible, as our residents are, for returning on time and in good condition any materials checked out on your card. This card may be used only at the Upper Merion Township Library.