PECO, is committed to providing safe and reliable energy service for customers and the communities served. As part of that commitment, PECO is replacing existing natural gas equipment to enhance service in your neighborhood. This includes installing new underground pipe, which is more durable, enhances safety and improves service reliability. PECO is considered a life sustaining business and its employee and contractor crews continue to perform both emergency and non-emergency work during the COVID-19 pandemic and will continue to do so with safety as their top priority.
Scope of Work
• Work is expected to begin [4/28/2022] in the area of Henderson Rd between Saulin Blvd & Monroe Blvd, from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• This project work may occur in roadways as well as on sidewalks and potentially on your property.
• We anticipate the natural gas main and service line installation portion of this project will be completed in 3 weeks.
• For the safety of our crews, customers, and communities, all crews and contractors will be practicing social distancing, and we ask that all customers do the same.
• PECO crews and contractors will be following safety protocols, including wearing additional protective equipment
• To ensure a safe environment when indoors, employee and contractor crews will wipe down all surfaces where the work is being performed before and after completing the work.
• To ensure the work on our equipment is performed and completed safely, for your protection and our employee and contractor crews, we may need to temporarily shut off natural gas service for a short period – approximately 4 to 8 hours – while we install the new service line to your home.
Most of the work will be performed outdoors, but to safely connect your property to the new natural gas main, PECO or a PECO contractor will need to turn off natural gas service and then enter your property to relight your appliances after the connection. PECO will need access to the natural gas appliances or equipment in your home so we can perform this work, and later that day to restore service and relight any appliances. At this time, PECO will also be relocating any indoor natural gas meters to the exterior of customer homes. This relocation work is necessary for the safety of employees, contractors, customers and communities and is mandatory per the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission.
This work will be performed by Ferreira Construction, a qualified PECO contractor. If you have any questions, please contact Christopher Long of Ferreira Construction at 908-303-3241. PECO understands these are challenging times, and none of the indoor work will be performed without your consent.
Any areas impacted on your property will be repaired, the streets will be repaved, and all areas will be restored to their original condition.
PECO will work to minimize the impact this project will have on you and your neighbors and thank you for your cooperation. If you have any other questions about this work please call 610-832-6420 or email GasWorkInquiries@exeloncorp.com.