Upper Merion Township does not have a municipal trash collection service. Rather, residents have the option to choose a trash hauler of their preference. We recommend that you check with your neighbors to determine which trash hauler collects in your neighborhood. All residents and businesses shall have municipal waste collected by a municipal waste collector who is legally operating within the township, and collections shall be no less frequent than one time per week.
Per Upper Merion Township Code, all residents and businesses must recycle. Residents of Upper Merion shall separate recyclable materials from their municipal waste. When placed at the curb for collection, recyclable materials shall be placed in separate, reusable metal or plastic containers which clearly identify the contents as recyclables. Recycling bins may be available through your hauler, or they may be purchased at the expensive of the property owner.
- Steel and bimetal cans.
- Clear and colored glass, including bottles and jars made of clear and colored glass, but excluding porcelain and ceramic products.
- Newsprint and high grade office paper.
- Corrugated paper including all material commonly referred to as cardboard.
- Plastics, specifically including # 1 & # 2 plastic containers
- Any other material collected for recycling from an establishment by agreement with waste hauler.
- No person shall place municipal waste in containers used for the separation and collection of recyclables
- No person shall place recyclable materials in containers used for the separation and collection of municipal waste.
The burning of any recyclable materials, municipal waste, or leaf waste is prohibited.