Upper Merion Parks & Recreation offers a number of different summer camps, all designed to help your children grow and learn.
- Adventure Day Camp I and II is a camp experience for children 5-13 years old (children must have completed kindergarten). Campers participate in daily crafts, games, and sports, and will have fun making new friends. Pizza days, camp shows and special food experiences are other perks of this great program. For an additional fee, campers will also have the opportunity to sign up for bus-ride field trips to places such as the zoo, movies, and swimming pool.Sessions run from mid-June through Mid-August and can take your child right through the start of the new school year. Campers have the option to sign up for the full 3- or 6-week programs, or for each week individually.
- Camp Beechtree is a camp experience for children 3-6 years old. Campers participate in daily activities, such as games, arts & crafts, songs and movement, splash pool, story time and more. Children must be fully potty-trained; no diapers or pull-ups are permitted. Campers have the option to sign up for the full 6-week program, or for each week individually.
- Teen Leadership Camp is designed to help teens ages 13-15 transition from a camper to a camp counselor. Participants will learn how to become a camp counselor and a positive role model. Participants will spend time receiving instruction on leadership, camp policies/procedures, leading camp activities and learning to handle various camp counselor situations. Participants will also gain hands on experience at one of the ADC/Beechtree locations once a week and will become CPR/First Aid certified.
- Cop Camp strives to encourage better understanding between Police and area youth. Cadets are taught teamwork, lessons in personal safety, respect for themselves, and respect for others as they participate in exciting well-organized police activities. Interested Cadets must apply and be accepted into this program. The application can be found online at the beginning of the summer
- Weekly/Specialty Camps: In addition to the camps listed above, there are plenty of other great camps that take place throughout the summer, from sports to science, theater to arts and crafts. Learn more about them at Community Pass.