It’s imperative that you keep house numbers visible from the street so that in the event of an emergency; Fire, EMS and Police personnel can find your residence quickly and easily.
All property address numbers or letters shall:
- Be placed in a position to be plainly legible and visible from the street or road fronting the property.
- Be a minimum size of 4-inches high with a minimum stroke width of 0.5-inches.
- Be on a contrasting background.
- Be Arabic numerals or alphabet letters.
- Where access is by means of a private road and the building cannot be viewed from the public way, a monument, pole or other sign or means shall be used to identify the building/structure.
In all commercial buildings with multiple tenants, suites or apartment numbers; all-suite, apartment numbers or letters shall be located on each entry door to the occupied space.
The above requirements are per the International Fire and Property Maintenance Codes.